Over the last few years there has been lots of controversy regarding Human Growth Hormone (hGH). I have decided to set the record straight. I will be answering the following questions:
1. What is hGH?
2. What are the benefits to taking hGH?
3. What is the difference between hGH injections and a GH supplement
What is hGH
1) hGH (Human Growth Hormone) is an amino acid produced in the anterior pituitary gland of the brain. HGH is continually secreted throughout the human lifecycle. It influences our growth and aging process, and it is the hormone responsible for keeping our bodies young and in good health. HGH affects every bodily function, sex and reproduction, growth and development, metabolism and mood. HGH levels are at their highest during childhood, and they peak at adolescence. After this, levels continue to decline. By age 61 HGH levels decrease to 80% less than what they were at age 21.
Why Take hGH?
2) Growth hormone was discovered in the 1920′s and was isolated in the form of somatotropin in 1956. The benefits of HGH are immense, even today new research pops up regularly that reveals new uses for it. HGH is present in the body at a rate of 500 micrograms at any time in the blood of males between the ages of 20 and 30.
It’s produced by the anterior pituitary gland under the stimulation of the Hypothalamus (like LH, the testosterone precursor). The effects on our system are tremendous:
- HGH promotes and increases the synthesis of new protein tissues, such as in muscle recovery or repair (more information at proteinpromo.com/musclefood/).
- Recent research suggests its involvement in the metabolism of body-fat and its conversion to energy sources. Tests were conducted in obese people and medical use in treating obesity was proven beyond a doubt. Pro’s have used GH as a way of maintaining and increasing lean mass while dieting for years.
- It improves the sleeping pattern, makes for less unintended awakenings and betters REM-stage sleep.
- HGH produces more energy
- It may improve sexual performance
- It builds stronger bones
- Improves the quality and duration of heart and kidneys
This is why Sylvester Stallone, movie stars male & female, Barry Bonds and other pro athletes are taking and benefiting from the results of hGH injections. Not only does it make you look younger, in the weighing of HGH against testosterone and its derivatives is that it is not androgenic, causes no aromatization and shows no side effects in limited doses.
It is believed that we may benefit from doses up to 1 to 1.5 mg in the bloodstream. That is somewhere in the optimal range for natural GH.
Injectable vs. Supplementation
3) Real hGH is a controlled substance and is available by prescription only. The cost for these injections can run from $500 to $1000 per month. hGH injections work but they can be costly. I also recommend that if you decide to take the injection route that you do so under the care of a physician. I don’t recommend purchasing online unless it is a trusted site. You never know what you may be getting instead. Also if not monitored properly, you can cause kidney and liver damage. Injectable hGh is considered HRT, hormone replacement therapy. Some of the side effects may include:
- Acromegaly (enlargement of heart, bones face, intestines).
- Excess hair growth all over the body.
- Damage to the thyroid gland.
- Hypoglycemia (opposite of diabetes).
Although I am not a proponent of HRT, I think that injectable hGh can be beneficial in some circumstances if monitored properly by a physician.
My opinion is that most HGH supplements on the market are nothing more than garbage. I recommend avoiding spray, creams, or homeopathic HGH. The hGH molecule is too large to cross the blood barrier and must therefore be injected. Any product that claims to real hGH in the product or animal hGH (anterior pituitary complex- from porcine (pork)) is ineffective. First of all, hGH is a controlled substance. Secondly, even if it could cross the blood barrier, animal hGH is not compatible with human hGH.
There are 3 ways to increase hGH levels naturally. These include; exercise, rest, and proper supplementation.
Exercise: Studies show that exercise maintained at an intense but not exhaustive level for 15 to 20 minutes works best for hGH release. Examples include a brisk walk, elevating the heart rate or resistance training with weights. One of the best exercises for total body HGH stimulation is squats, simply because it is so intense and because it’s a compound movement stimulating many muscle fibers throughout the lift. Moderation is the key here, as too much of anything can be a bad thing. For example, chronic Marathon runners actually show diminished levels of growth hormone.
Sleep: Studies have shown that GH is secreted in the final stages of a good night’s sleep (the first hour or two after reaching deep REM sleep). Unless we get to that deep sound sleep zone, our bodies will not be releasing Growth hormone as efficiently, meaning we lose out on the tissue renewing and repair benefits.
Supplement: There is a substantial amount of research done that shows particular Amino Acids (glutamine, ornithine, lysine, BCAA), proteins, vitamins and growth releasers, (Neurotransmitters, Alpha GPC, etc) have been shown to aid in the release of hGH stores from the pituitary gland. These ingredients also aid as building block increase your own GH levels naturally without side effects.
In regards to supplementation, High Energy Labs has thoroughly research ingredients, dosages and existing products on the market to develop the most synergistic formula on the market. HGH Complete™ is one of the best HGH and IFG-1 products available. HGH Complete is a scientifically developed precursor and releaser formula that is designed to increase your body’s own growth levels naturally. HGH Complete will increase energy levels, increase libido, help reverse the effects of aging and increase performance as well as maximize recovery and restoration. HGH Complete is available in both capsule and powder form.